UPDATED STORY: The Florida Department of Law Enforcement issued an Amber Alert on Wednesday for a father and baby who’ve been missing since three women were found shot to death. 49-year-old Ernesto Caballeiro, father of newborn Andrew Caballeiro and accused of abducting him and killing three women in South Florida, was found dead in Pasco County.
After an exhaustive search of an area in Pasco County, Florida, Sheriff Chris Nocco said Thursday morning that there has been no evidence discovered at the scene that confirms that newborn Andrew Caballeiro was with Ernesto Caballeiro in Pasco County.
Following a search into the nearby woods with the help of a K-9 unit, the body of Caballeiro was found with a single gunshot wound. Deputies continued searching the woods and nearby fields but at this time, one-week-old Andrew remains missing.
Miami-Dade officers had been searching for him since three women were found killed in a home on 187th Avenue. The alert said 1-week-old Andrew Caballeiro was missing. Bloodhounds even sniffed a pacifier found in the van and continued on their way to search, though still, Andrew remains missing.
Caballeiro was driving a 2001 white Chevrolet Express with Florida license plate HETY13 with a sticker that says “Nesty School Services” on it and has another decal that says “Caution: Transporting Children” on the rear left door.
Police were called to a home at Southwest 219th Street and 187th Avenue by a family member of the victims who had tried to get in contact with them unsuccessfully.
The women killed were Hispanic, all between the ages of 40 and 80, according to police sources. The missing child is believed to be a newborn. Cowart said all three women had been shot.
The father was related to at least one of the women.
Police Seek Dad, Baby After 3 Women Killed in Miami